|Registration & Fees|
|We are delighted that you are interested in pursuing your academics with the Peak Centre Academy community. Peak Centre Academy prides itself on providing a quality education in a stimulating and challenging environment. As an independent school, Peak Centre Academy does not receive the federal and provincial funding that public schools receive. Peak Centre Academy relies on tuition fees, donations and other revenue sources to cover its operating costs. It is common knowledge that the benefits brought by attending a private school come at a cost. However, many people do not realize that these costs can be spread over the entire school year. Peak Centre Academy payments are spread out over the year in six manageable payments. Please see our tuition schedule below. Please contact our Director Ken Brunet if you have any questions regarding the financial aspect of the Academy.|
|Tuition & Fees for Elementary Grades|
payable only once
|5-8||$150||$850||$15 500||$16 500*|
|Tuition & Fees for High School Grades|
|9-12||$150||$850||$16 000||$16 850|
|Tuition & Fees Peak Academy Online|
|Description of Services, Credit with and without support||Fees|
|Grade 9 credit||$449.00|
|Sending copy of report card/OST to three universities||$175.00|
|Explanation of Fees and Policies|
|*Registration Fee||Required for all new students applying for our academy. This fee is not refundable. This fee must be included with the application forms.|
|Tuition Fees||The Tuition Fees cover the costs associated with receiving an education at Peak Centre Academy including items such as staff salaries and rental of the school premises. There is a 10% sibling discount for tuition for a second child and a 15% discount for a third child in the same family.|
|Activity & Consumables Fee||This has been added to cover the cost of consumable items, special activities, training gear, training tools, certain class supplies throughout the year. This fee will also help cover educational programming and specific events that are an integral part of the academic program.|
New student: Prior to the student’s first day at our academy, the parents/guardians must provide an initial payment as indicated below.
Returning student: a returning deposit of $1500 payable by April 1st is necessary to keep the status of a returning student. Not receiving such a deposit will merit a $150 fee with the payment plan of a new Student.
- Post-dated cheques must be submitted with the following payment plan.
|Our Most Favourable Payment Timeline|
|Timelines||New Student||Elementary Student||Secondary Student|
|April 1st||Elementary deposit of $1650
Secondary deposit of $2150
|deposit of $1500||deposit of $2000|
- To plan the operating budget, Peak Centre Academy establishes fees and makes contractual commitments in advance of the academic year. Therefore, when a student is enrolled it is understood that a place is reserved for the entire school year and parents or guardians are responsible for the full amount of the fees. Peak Centre Academy reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose behavior or cooperation is, in the opinion of the Principal and Director, detrimental to the standards of the school. A pro-rated fee with the loss of enrolment/consumable fees will be charged for any dismissals. Any late payment will lead to the student’s suspension until fees are fully paid. Any exceptional situations will be dealt with by our Director Ken Brunet.
Personal Expenses and Other Charges
- Students will be asked to provide basic school supplies
- Students are required full hockey gear during on-ice sessions
- Students are required to have a laptop, or similar device, with a word application
- Students will be asked to provide active training attire
- School academic & co-curricular trips in the Ottawa area cost recovery basis
- Sporting, tournaments, theatre and musical events are cost recovery basis
- When a student is enrolled, it is intended that the place be reserved for the full school year unless arrangements have been made in advance with the Director. Accordingly, parents are liable for full tuition fees and if, in unforeseen circumstances, a cancellation must be made, the following charges
- Payment pro-rated until the end of the term with loss of enrollment and consumable fees